|Model||Auro Visc (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose Solution 2% w/v)|
|Product Description||Aurovisc is a viscoelastic solution of high molecular weight, highly purified grade of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose 2%, clear, isotonic, sterile, non inflammatory and non-pyrogenic in nature. It is used for intraocular injection during anterior segment surgery of the eye.|
|Product Features||Aurovisc is a medical device used in the anterior segment surgery of the eye. It has the following unique characteristics:
- It maintains the depth of the anterior chamber of the eye and protects the periocular tissues.
- Outstanding rheological properties.
- Completely transparent.
- Totally non antigenic.
- Simple to remove from the anterior chamber.
- Does not contain any proteins likely to cause inflammatory reactions and /or foreign body reactions.
- Does not require refrigeration or not be stored at temperatures above 35 0C.
- Does not interfere with the process of Cicatrisation.
|Properties||Molecular Weight : 86,000 daltons
Dynamic Viscosity : 3000 – 4500 cPs at 270C
pH : 6.0 – 7.8
Osmolality : 250-350 mosmol/Kg
|Indications||Aurovisc is indicated as a surgical aid (medical device) during surgical procedures involving the anterior chamber of the eye, including extraction of the lens and insertion of intraocular lenses. It maintains the depth of the anterior chamber during the whole surgical procedure and permits greater operative precision without the risk of damaging the endothelium of the cornea or other intraocular tissues.|
|Contraindications||It is contraindicated in patients with known history of hypersensitivity to its ingredients.|
|Supply||Available in 3 ml, 5 ml vials and 2 ml pre-filled glass syringes in double pouch packing.|